Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lover, you shouldn't have come over.

Last night I had a dream that we hadn't seen each other in months and months. I spy you from across the room of a dark club, one like all the others. We makes those sad half smiles old lovers make, and then I lift up my hand telling you to hold still a minute. I order two Sidecars and make my way over to you. You go to kiss me on the cheek, but I pull away. I whisper something in your ear, then we cling to one another, a slow lung crushing hug. I kiss you on the cheek, run my hand over your hair. You say you've missed me. I take a sip of my drink, hand it to you, and walk away.

I really should stop eating so much cheese before going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. i like your display picture. a big black cloud of cross-hatching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the kind of thing i draw when i should be studying for my linguistics exam on monday.

    ReplyDelete