Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It seems to have been a bit all doom and gloom on here lately, but in reality there are plenty of peachy things have happened!

I finally got my topshop haul, and couldn't be happier. Admittedly, I let out a huge squeal when it at last appeared in my letterbox. The dress is darling and flattering,and my new skirt makes me feel like planning multiple picnics in the country.



I also got this deliciously nerdy book for my birthday...


I've also been doing a lot more baking and cooking. There has been a enough soup made in my tiny flat to fill an olympic pool in the last month, not mention the brownies, biscuits and slice my flatmate and I have been gorging ourselves on!




Speaking of which here is a delicious recip for ANZAC biscuits you should bake, they're so good, and they last forever!


Ingredients
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
1 cup (85g) Ward McKenzie desiccated coconut
3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
125g butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Method
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.

Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.

Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.

Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.

Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.



ENJOY

P.S I joined twitter. It confuses me no end, and is near impossible for a rambler like me, but, if you feel like it you should follow me at goodgraciousme.

No comments:

Post a Comment